When visiting ad-adapt.com and applying for our service or download materials, data related to your use of the website and our service is collected, processed and stored. It is a priority of ad adapt, that your data is handled professionally and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
On this page you can read about what type of information we collect, with what purpose and how the data is being processed. You will also find information on how to gain insight and object to data collected about you.
- About Us
- What Information Do We Collect from You?
- For How Long Do We Keep this Information?
- What Do We Use Your Information For?
- How Do We Protect Your Information?
- Do We Disclose Any of Your Personal Information to Outside Parties?
- Third Party Links
- Privacy of Children
- Your Rights
Full text below:
What Information Do We Collect from You?
We collect different types of personal information, depending on the way you use our website:
- You can access our website anonymously without logging in or purchasing a subscription, in which case we will not ask you to provide us with any personal information.
- When you submit your information to download material from our website, you accept to being contacted via email and receive additional information from ad-adapt.
- When you sign up for a free subscription and become a member of our website, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information in order to create your account and enable you to use our website. This information will include, for example, your name, email address, job description, and the reason you chose to use our website.
- When you decide to purchase a subscription, we will require your payment and billing details in order to process your purchase. This is in addition to the personal information we normally require as part of the sign-up process.
We also collect some inferred data which is generated when you log in to our website (either as a free or paid subscriber). This includes, for example, your IP address, the type of device you use to log in to our website, your browser type, and operating system.
For How Long Do We Keep this Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as you continue to be a subscribed user on our website, and until you indicate that you no longer wish to continue to use our website.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
The information we collect will only be used in the following ways:
- To process transactions: The main reason we ask for the above-mentioned personal information is in order to process the transaction conducted with you; i.e. to provide you with the purchased product or the service that you requested from us.
- To improve our website: We continuously strive to improve the ad adapt website features based on the information and feedback we receive from you, including relevant solution pages, showcase pages, etc.
- To send you information and updates if, upon registration with us, you explicitly approved our sending periodic emails to the email address you provided us with. These emails will contain information and updates pertaining to your subscription, occasional news related to ad adapt, and updates regarding related products or offers.
Even if you consented to receiving our periodic emails, you can at any time opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the opt out link at the bottom of the email that you received
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter or submit any personal details to ad adapt.
Ad-adapt uses a secure server. All sensitive information, including credit card details, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider's database, which is only accessible to those authorized with special access to each system. These personnel are required by law to keep confidential all information on our systems.
In addition, after any transaction, your credit card details and financial information are immediately deleted from our servers.
Cookies are small files that our website transfers to your computer, enabling Ad-adapt to recognize your browser and remember certain information about your browser and your login information (for example: what type of browser you used to log in to our website, the date and time you logged in to our website, your preferred browser language, etc.).
In addition, we contract third party service providers to assist us in gaining a better understanding of the way users visit and use our website. We do this through the use of such third party service providers' cookies, which are placed on your browser when you log in to our website. Such providers can then analyze the data included in such cookies to provide us with valuable insights, such as the average number of visitors to the website or the preferred browser language of most users.
Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for a guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
Do We Disclose Any of Your Personal Information to Outside Parties?
Third Party Providers
We are assisted by trusted third parties to operate our website, to conduct our business, and to provide you with our services. Such third party providers include billing companies, website infrastructure management, and analytics service providers. As part of the provision of their services to us, we may transfer some of your personal information to them, inasmuch as such personal information is necessary for them to perform such service. For example: your credit card details will be analyzed through our billing software which is provided by a third party in order for us to provide you with an invoice when you make a purchase on our website.
These third party providers are located in:
- The European Union;
- The United States – under the Privacy Shield framework.
We also entered into contracts with such third party providers in order to ensure that the personal information we provide them regarding our users is kept confidential and secure.
- We want to protect our legitimate interest and in order to do so we would need to disclose your personal information, and only after we made sure that we cannot protect our interest without disclosing your personal information;
- We will send a notification to the email address you provided us with upon registration. In this notification, the new proposed changes will be explained so that you may provide us with your consent;
- Following the email notification, we will ask you to provide your consent to the new changes when you next log in to our website.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you believe that your right to data protection and privacy has been infringed by us in any way, you may contact the relevant supervisory authority in your place of residence.
Right to Access
You may ask for a copy of your personal information held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall provide you with an electronic copy of your personal information as soon as practicable and after we are able to verify the validity of your request and your identity. We will not be able to provide you with such access if this would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, or where the collation and presentation of such data would involve disproportionate cost to ad adapt.
Should you require any additional copies, we may charge you a fee which shall not exceed the cost for generating copies.
Based on your request, we shall also provide you with the following information:
- The types of personal data concerned;
- The entities or individuals with whom we shared your personal information and whether they are located in countries outside of the European Union;
- The duration of time we keep your personal information. If that is not possible, the criteria used to determine such a period.
Right to Be Forgotten/Erasure
If you decide that you no longer wish to be a member of our website and would like us to delete all of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We will not be able to delete your personal information if it is required:
- For the fulfillment of any contractual obligations we may have to you;
- For the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- In order to comply with a legal obligation required from us by European Union law or the law of the Member State of the European Union in which we operate;
- For reasons of public interest;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Please be advised that following such deletion we will not be able to provide you with our services, and should you wish to rejoin our website you will need to complete a new registration process.